Liz is my roommate. Elizabeth Caroline Cain. We weren't roommates my first year or my second. We went in unknowingly and honestly, a bit nervous. All summer I'd hoped we would click. We talked a little and I prayed a lot. and guess what mom?! we do! we so, so do! Liz is the most wonderful blend of friend, confidant, sister (kyrie, i love you), just a good ol' pal, lunch buddy, chapel partner, go-on-a-quick errand together friend, and yes, even a mother. and sometimes a grandmother. She's full of funny comments, quirky habits, nurturing qualities, and knows how to NOT take herself seriously. I love it. She's artistic and neat but not particular or obsessive. she's goes with the flow. She wears crazy clothes and likes to scrunch her hair and has the most lovely taste in sunglasses. She's happy in the morning and likes to talk at night after the lights go out. We started this lovely habit early on of going to bed at the same time and whichever alarm clock goes off first, we're both up. It gives us a steady routine and i like it because we're not just co-existing or making it work, we're totally pals, wondering where the other is and looking forward to 11pm when we'll break from the work, pack up our books, say goodnight to our dear boys, and walk back to room 326.

I like milk. she likes plants.

but now i'm starting to like plants and she, milk(!)


6 comments:
it's always nice when friends "click". such a gift...:)
I think it's just great that you have a room mate whom you truly enjoy! I also think it's fun how yall go to bed and wake up at the same time! so wonderfully harmonious!
anyway..i love you and cute pics!!!
i waited a couple days so you would'nt think i was just commenting because you told me to. :) im commenting because i love this post and i love that you love liz and that she brings you happiness. ahh this just made me smile. im sure iv told you tons and tons of times that i love your writing but again i LOVE your writing. and i love you.
when i saw the very first picture and read the post, i was sure you were the one with the white-rimmed sunglasses.
I must say she is pretty darn cute!
And your room was perfect- glad there's a perfectly sweet roommate that came with it. :)
that liz is a pity sing.
Post a Comment