Wednesday, February 04, 2009

why oh why. (is this so funny?)




at first I was appalled. even disturbed. why is this child taped to the wall? It was the backround to my roommate's laptop. I too quickly dismissed it with a "oh, she's an art major..." conclusion, figuring she must see some symbolism in it or something. then promptly slapped myself remembering one of my professors making a similar comment to me last week and i felt a bit boxed. I shouldn't put people "in such small boxes." I said to myself. "i'm an artist...why am I dissing another artist?" ... I wonder.

and then the photo caught my eye again. the child's spiked hair, the tape around him mimicking a car seat, and the not so minor detail of the favorite stuffed animal beside. this is funny! "Who thought of this?" I wonder.

this is not stupid. not even appalling. and definitely not disturbing.
it's really quite humorous and rather brilliant if you wanted my 2nd opinion on it. and the much needed "eye break" from my textbooks.

ps. i apologize in advance if this offends anyone. :)

12 comments:

kate said...

is this about how baby is safe in a wreck because of seat belt....more words about it please

Sienna said...

no it's just funny! goin around on a email chain..

Kiko said...

Sienna - if we have kids you are not allowed to babysit my child ;).

Sienna said...

ha! i know... all my babysitting famlies are gonna worry... nah. im a great babysitter!

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

i feel like this is the kind of thing i'll do with my child. sad but true.

kate said...

kyrie, don't you recognize this baby? It's Chalice.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

um. what?

annie said...

hah! oh my goodness. that baby looks so content.

kibbe said...

Kate! I thought the same thing! It looks like Chalice----
This is so funny....Anyone want to sit for Jedd? I know he's a little large, but I'll bet it could be done...

James and Helen said...

I think my older sisters might have done this to me as a child. I still think it's funny :) haha

Anonymous said...

Baha...
i sent liz that photo a while ago...
-jess

James M. Harrison said...

this is hilarious

I am still laughing hahaha aha ha