Thursday, August 11, 2005

don't forget to...

After much thought i've finally concluded that a blog is the best way to keep in touch while I'm gone. i have to admit the idea of a blog has never really appealed to me. I simply use the internet for my email account and hardly anything else. I had blogs in a bad light. I got a bad taste for them early on and stayed away...my email account was sufficient. Last week though my older brother, against my theories, began a blog of his own called "The Lawnmower Diaries", where each evening, he recounts his days of landscaping. His entries are full of odd detail and interesting encounters. I've enjoyed listening to these stories when he comes home and it gives me great satisfaction to know that they're now posted for more to hear. The way Lowen paints his days convinced me that blogs may not be such a bad idea afterall. I've fallen victim. Go to lowen's though if you want to be intrigued, search google for "lawnmower diaries" and click the first link.

I leave in 12 days for south africa and my vision is to keep up with this page on a weekly basis. As long as i keep up with low's, hopefully with his influence, i can manage to keep them interesting. So, if you would like, you can stay tuned as i endevor to post my weekly happeninings aboard this ship. My departure date is 10 days away and i think i can finally say that i'm ready. Maybe not excited yet but i am ready. I struggle though with the thought of being gone for 365 days even though i am dead set on doing it. pray for me though. I'm listening to the singer, jem right now and her song "just a ride" goes: Life, it's ever so strange It's so full of change Think that you've worked it out then BANG Right out of the blue Something happens to you...It's just a ride, it's just a ride no need to run, no need to hide It'll take you round and round Sometimes you're up sometimes you're down It's just a ride, it's just a ride don't be scared don't hide your eyes. call me corny, but i like it. It is just a ride and i won't hide my eyes. stay tuned...

1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

i love you baby girl! i will keep in touch like it's my job!


xoxoxo
hannahrose