Friday, June 13, 2008

michael kendall is amazing and will kendall runs an extreamly close 2nd.

My days are fresh finally. I know it's only been a month but it's been one brand new with people, buses, routes, bus drivers and so much figuring out. I am exhausted, grateful, and ready for a change. The clock has been ticking and nearing closer and closer to that point of no more.

My much needed change pulled into the parking lot, where I work, friday afternoon around 5pm. He was darker from the sun, wearing a hot v-neck tshirt splashed in pink, yellow, and purple (urban outfitters!) and a flashy new pair of ran bans. it was June 6th - a pretty friday. a much awaited friday. a happy friday. excited friday. a friday where all those words meant exactly what they're supposed to. it was the friday all fridays try to be and all fridays should be. it was my fresh friday.

Finally they were here. That car and that boy.

It was a joint effort between will and michael. Will's in Rwanda and Michael's on his way to Prague... so Will gave the permission and the keys and Michael made the detour and drove to me.

I was sapposed to have Michael's car when he went to Prague but it's needed a nap for a long time so will said I could have his. I am so humbled and so grateful to be back in a car...driving with my windows down and my foot to the pedal, stopping at whatever quick stop I need to and meeting jaime and chelsey where they are. And now i want you to know 3 things. First, that driving is a priveledge and is a beautiful thing to be treasured, adored, and discovered. Take a deep breath as you pass the blue house with yellow shutters and those gas stations with scary prices, take a grateful breath as you breeze pass the dear couple selling vegetables, the broken stop sign and the assuming yellow lights. notice the man taking out his trash and appriciate the beautiful Mexican resturants. and turn up your music. don't waste it by worrying and rushing.

second, know that will kendall is a dear and that his casual way of sharing and taking care of people has been an immeasurable example to me and one that though has humbled me... it has ministered and comforted me in a most extroidinary way. he may see it as a small thing but it has so pushed me to want to be this way with people that I know and care about. to take care of them. to give to them. to go out of my way and make myself uncomfortable in order that they be ok. it's a beautiful way to live... because it's what we were made for. to serve and to follow the example of our savior. he saved us and we must heed that action of giving.

and this last little thing is for only one dear friend of mine...

Margaret Drew, you are one very lucky girl.



that car and that boy.







note:
his hot shirt.
those new ray bans.
the "H" on the steering wheel that says I have a honda!
the piece of glass and rock around my neck that michael made me.


3 comments:

Lowen said...

What a stud.

Anonymous said...

I remember a girl a few summers ago who came home from a year of growing and learning and decided that she wanted to invest herself in a little Romanian boy. I'm glad you have a friend who reflects the God-placed desires of your heart

Anonymous said...

did michael get a hot little accord?!?! daaaaang hott stuff!