Saturday, August 23, 2008

blur of change

school starts in a couple days and i don't know if i'm ready but I think I'm getting excited. certain things make my little heart jump.... like rooming with Liz Cain and being able to participate in a 5th grade classroom this year. Like being on a mountain again with dear souls who I've learned to value even more with a summer away from each of them and studying education again after a summer of working intensely with the youth of chattanooga.

but then I lose my evenings with Kiko on the porch and running errands with Bets in the honda accord I had for the summer. i'll miss the consistent dinners Vincent would prepare and the quiet evenings in a house I could call my own. I'll miss the address of Beulah avenue and pulling in each evening, walking into my kitchen and out the back door to play with borus. I'll miss my work at New City and the community I fell in love with there. I'll miss these summer days that fell across me like cool rain drops filling me with such refreshment and the loveliest sense of freedom. So many talks and open window car rides with dear Chelsey...

intensity and sleepless nights are so close by and rigorous weekends with stressful evenings. I know school is a privilege but if I can just say it plainly....

it's just so hard.
I have to work very hard to get good grades and Kyrie, Helen, and Bethany have all gone to a different school... 3 very big people of influence and guidance in my life. Pray that God will provide and that I will trust him to do so and love others without reserve. I feel anger at these three being gone and wanting to push others away in response and I don't want to be this way.

there is a good change in my life... my bestest friend just came back from prague! and he's just the change I needed in my day to days.



6 comments:

kate said...

Michael got a hair cut!! Sienna you are so gifted and so capable -you are the one to give support and guidance and friendship to others. God has orchestrated these big people in your life to be elswhere. Everything is as it should be. Time for you to keep steeping up to the plate. You are good at taking on responsibility and figuring things out on your own and checking things off your to do list. If you can juggle buses and a math class and working full time with kids and living at a new place then you are pretty much up for anything. No whining.

James and Helen said...

you guys are so red and stripey! I love you so much. We shall be in such amazing communication it will be like I'm still there.

I'm calling you soon.

You can do this. And it's gonna be awesome.

Anonymous said...

sienna dear,

boy can I relate to what you said about "and pushing others away in response to that". i'm not sure why that is...but ive done it too.

well...here's to a new, fresh year! and the new special people we will all meet!

cheers to change!

love,
linnEA

P.S. you are pretty in these pics!!!

Anonymous said...

my dear how i love you so.
i knew about kyrie, but didn't realize two other precious friends were going to be missing from campus this year. :(
I will be keeping you in my prayers! (One thing you could do...keep your eye out for transfer students! They need that warm welcome into what seems like impenetrable circles of friends on a small campus. been there.)
Are you starting your practicum this semester?? how exciting!!
love you love.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, do look out for transfer students. We need all the friendships we can get. It took me over a year to find good friends on campus.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

i'll third that!