Sunday, May 13, 2007

my home (for 60 days)


It's late. I must go to bed. but I had to post this first. My friends and I agreed when we left school for the summer to each post a picture of us in front of our houses. This is mine...or the front of mine. The sides and back look different. There's a padio in the back with a pinic table where we spend our mornings and a clothes line on the side where towels and pants are hanging now, wet again though from evening's dew. I will get them in the morning when Signe and her mom are at work and fold them. I love folding. I'll fold on the pinic table. Mountains and dandilions enclose her house and a little 6 year old boy named Adrienne runs all around. We're already great friends even though he doesn't speak an ounce of enligsh but he's teaching me a lot. He knows I'm from america but he keeps speaking norwegian. I just sort of make funny faces and put my hands up to show him I don't understand. We whistle a lot though. He laughs at me. He thinks my nose ring is funny.

that back yard in the mornings.




my own little night table. Signe went back to Liberia some days before I came for 3 weeks. I asked her to bring me back some fabric and she did... i put it over my night table...i love it.



Signe and my room.



the letters that have gone between us for a year.



last summer i made and sent this to her. now it's on her yellow wall.



a friend on a lawnmower...holding a newspaper and rambling in morning norwegian. the whole scene was all too quaint and very funny.




my words tomorrow...
vist my FLICKR for more pictures.

4 comments:

scotch said...

the picture of the kyrie kick and davids karate chop still crack my face up every single time. it looks absolutely lovely, sienner. im so glad for you. keep posting pictures. both you and your sister are such good photographers.

Anonymous said...

i love coming to your blog and looking at all the great pictures you take that capture your life right now and where you are. keep doin your thing! :)

Anonymous said...

If I could wish my self anywhere it would be where you are. I'm glad you’re settling in! When do you start working?
And do you really like folding clothes? I admire that.
Also, I LOVE what you made Signe. It is wonderful, and perfect on her yellow wall.

Can't wait for your words!

Love,
tobi

Sienna said...

tobes,
i start work tomorrow.. and yes ive always loved folding...something i really missed when i went on the mercyship. id always fold my guy friend's laundry who didn't like to do it.. like sam's. i'd beg him.. i know so werid... it's just sort of theraputic for me though.

what i hate: cleaning bathrooms!