kyrie. kyrie anna ruth howard, actually. she has two middle names because my mom and papa couldn't agree on which one to choose. Anne is his mom. Ruth is her's. So Kyrie shares the names of our grandmothers, the only damien howard child who has a "family" name. It's a pretty sweet combination though. I know Lowen adores it and I've been jealous once or twice... but my daddy didn't do too poor a job on mine ;)This past school year I got to live with Kyrie Anna Ruth. the same room. same clothes, same sink, same laptop, hairdryer and sometimes bed when the winter wind blew unlovingly through the window above her. it was all shared. all of it. I had missed her the year before when I was gone and even the summer I got back I still missed her... You can't just jump back into someone's life. It takes time. It takes conversations. It takes understanding. arguments. listening. patience. It takes living with them in their everydays and finding a routine again.
she's really amazing though. for big reasons and little ones too. I love how level headed she is counteracting my stress. I love how she writes and doodled on our bathroom wall at school things like "life is just one damn thing after another" with a big smiley behind the toilet or the thanksgiving break countdown on the wall beside it... brightening up our stressful weeks with wit and color. I love the cards she makes and the photos she develops and then clothespins to the twinkle lights hanging above the bed. I love that she's started to cook and we go to the grocery store, stocking up on basil, mint leaves, limes, and healthy goodness! The girl is creative and it spills into everyother area of her life. She doesn't leave it out when she talks and she doesn't leave it out when she writes a simple thank you note. It's inspiring and refreshing to live with someone like this. someone who cares.
A couple weeks ago she made these shirts and painted this pot for a summer camp she was in charge of. I really like them and how she just busted out with the spray paint, big hefty gloves, and stencils printed from the computer and came out with bangin' shirts!
she's cool and I'm real grateful she's my playmate this summer.



12 comments:
man, yeah, and spray painting those shirts with those cardboard stencils--it's harder than it looks. takes some serious skill. i tried, and the poor kids ended up with fuzzy, amorphous blobs adorning their shirts.
she's got the skills.
You both make me wish I had a sister. I love kyrie anna ruth too!!!
Awww, Kyrie Deary!
-Lowen
i never imagined kyrie and i being friends until one day, apparently i was the unwilling one to be friends with her, but anyway, one day we just became friends. yup, just like that. boy, am i greatful for that. basically, she's an awesome and lovng friend to have. wouldnt trade her. not that shes like a piece of automobile metal or something but i think you all get the picture. i'm done speaking now.
yes sienna. good idea.
kyrie is mos'def. worthy of appreciating, and i am glad you took the time and space on the old blog to do so. i liked reading about your relationship from your eyes.. now its her turn to return the favor. haha:)
I got to live with my sister Anna for a whole year at Covenant and it was pretty dang sweet. People would ask us "Why would you want to live with your sister?" They couldn't understand that sisters can actually be best friends. Makes me sad. But this post makes me happy.
Sienna, I love when you talk about people. Brae makes people beautiful in film. You make people beautiful in words.
sarah,
I got that question all the time at covenant too... and it would upset me. made me sad that people wouldn't relate to wanting to live with a family member.
thankyou for your encouragment towards my writing. mark twain says, "I can live for two months on a good compliment." it's so entirely true. so thanks for blessing my next two months :)
awww this is so sweet! i agree... kyrie rocks! and so do you :)
my sisters name is anna ruth steere. i like the combo. like those stencils, kyrie... every consider joining the dark side and taking it to the street? the whole world is a canvas...
i don't think too many grafitti artists use stencils. but i could start it. if little frogs start popping up on the exposed brick walls of your neighborhood you'll know why.
kyrie kyrie
a name that i love to hear and say!! (i'd love to name a kid KYRIE!)
kyrie is great. and you said it great.
i love you KYRIE (my creative awesome friend)
Post a Comment