Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ElastiGirls

I don't think many of you know this. We've sort of kept in on the down low in this family to protect the privacy of my sisters but I've decided to let it out. When the screenplay was written for The Incredibles my two sisters, Kyrie and Chalice, were the inspiration for Elasti Girl. It's true. The director of the film met them many years ago and as they interacted Kyrie and Chalice started throwing kicks and dancing around like they normally do, and this character shot into his mind. He came up with Elasti Girl. So basically I have the two real life elasti girls as my sisters and it's humbling to say the least. A couple days ago when we were hanging out in the kitchen eating chips and avocado they were being their flexible selves, throwing their leg up to the top of the fridge and resting it there or against the doorway compleatly vertical from floor to cealing. I asked Chalice to teach me since she's a dancer and knows how to teach. So I started stretching and then gave it a try... slow and steady. I went slow but not very steady... check out the pictures to see how far I got. Maybe one day I'll be an elastigirl like Kyrie and Chalice... for now though, their entertainment is quite enough.








and now it's my turn




and that's as flexible as she gets...



past pictures of ElastiKyrie and ElastiChalice:





yeah. they're sort of amazing.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I, like you, aspire to one day be an elasti girl. I'm sorry to say....it won't be anytime soon. If you had a picture of me trying to be elasti, you could sell it to the newspaper to be in the funnies.

Sienna said...

I'll be surprised if mine doesn't end up somewhere humiliating... sheesh. :)

Unknown said...

the pics of you crack me up. funny funny. Hey you might think that you don't have any super powers, but maybe you're like "Jack Jack"...your powers are to be revealed soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh what a great entry. How funny. You must get your flexibility from the Pastrana end of the family gene pool. I was a gymnast and cheerleader for 3 years and never did get a split all the way down.

funke said...

My mind is elastic.

todd and anna said...

Hey hey,

Sienna I am proud of you. You did great girl...ha ha ha. Love the pictures!

Love.

Anonymous said...

Heh Sienna, you're home now? from cliffs to elastigirls... too funny. I love your postings, they always bring a smile to my face. I LOVE meeting Brae in Philadelphia, like you, she's precious!

next week I'll be visiting Neva, Mike & Holly, Warrie & Brian, Marius... and a whole bunch more!

And in August I'll be seeing Paula and more in UK.

love you gal!!
Marilyn

linnea said...

okay, seriously....funny post!!

i laughed out loud at the pictures.

I love your laughing face!!

keep at it sister

Michael Kendall said...

i don't bend either.

faith said...

I love these pictures. They are so much fun.