Yesterday I traveled for 23 hours and got in to Baltimore at 8pm (2am norway time!) and saw two of my favorite smiling faces. my papa and kyrkyr! It was wonderful and they even had food waiting in the car! ...Mom's homemade apple muffins and my very favorite; wheat thins.
I woke up this morning at 4 and decided to just get up at 5... I couldn't sleep. I walked downstairs and wispered "outside...outside" and Jember soon appeared. I slipped on a pair of Pax's shorts and Chalice's shoes and we were off. I speant my first morning with Jember down by the water and we really got to catch up... I told her a little about Norway while she kept obnoxiously darting off towards the squirrels and rabbits. She reminded me how she still likes to lead and how much she detests the water and rocks no matter how often I take her. We brushed up on some commands, "Jump!", "Stay" and "STOP pulling!". I tried to get her to walk along the rocks but she never will without me pulling her real hard. She tried to get me to take her down the road that leads to Mrs. Lisa's but in the end we decided to just sit on the rocks and watch the ducks swim past.
It was a memorable morning to say the least. I really love my dog.
I woke up this morning at 4 and decided to just get up at 5... I couldn't sleep. I walked downstairs and wispered "outside...outside" and Jember soon appeared. I slipped on a pair of Pax's shorts and Chalice's shoes and we were off. I speant my first morning with Jember down by the water and we really got to catch up... I told her a little about Norway while she kept obnoxiously darting off towards the squirrels and rabbits. She reminded me how she still likes to lead and how much she detests the water and rocks no matter how often I take her. We brushed up on some commands, "Jump!", "Stay" and "STOP pulling!". I tried to get her to walk along the rocks but she never will without me pulling her real hard. She tried to get me to take her down the road that leads to Mrs. Lisa's but in the end we decided to just sit on the rocks and watch the ducks swim past.
It was a memorable morning to say the least. I really love my dog.


5 comments:
sienner- im glad you made it back safely. i am also very glad that you got to see some family. i know thats always one of the best parts of traveling- seeing loved ones at the end. im going to need your home address so i can send you mail. wait- i think the care package had it. ok. welcome back! listen to my music on my blog. the belle and sebastian and the elliott smith is especially choice.
hey, good post sister
mornings are for LIVING
p.s. can i see those pics you took today?
You're home! You feel closer. :)
And you live by the water?! Looking at that first picture brings me much needed peace- I can't imagine what it's like to actually sit there on the rocks listening to the water. You are a lucky girl. For more than just the water and rocks- for Norway and for Signe, for your Papa and Kyrie, for mom's homemade apple muffins, and for Jember. Yep, lucky girl. Glad you're back.
Hey girl welcome home,
How are you??? doing ok. we will talk soon!!!
Love you Anna
The East Coast is a good place to call home, isn't it?
Post a Comment